Skip to content
- Referred by a construction financing firm, DC&F was asked to provide advisory services to the ongoing struggling project which was partially complete.
- 96 townhouse and stacked townhouse units on a common one level parking garage. Total construction area of 147,000 sf.
- After providing project management services to the owner for several months the general contractor lined the project resulting in various sub-contractor liens on the property and forcing the owner to terminate their contract with the GC.
- DC&F was asked to take possession of site and complete the construction works. We provided full on-site supervision and labour as well as back of house functions to facilitate the procurement of outstanding trade contractors to complete the work resulting in the resumption of work in a timely manner.
- DC&F provided advisory services which resulted in multiple liens being avoided and settled over a half dozen liens saving the owner significant time, money and allowing project funding from the lender to continue.
- DC&F completed procurement services for the project resulting in the project having a full host of trade contracts to complete the outstanding works.
- DC&F conducted work in place assessments to document the state of the site resulting in the owner having strong documentation to settle disputes.
- DC&F conducted quality and quantity assessments and carried out repairs with our own forces as well as contracted forces to rectify deficient work.
- Despite multiple liens and contract disputes the site was only inactive for two weeks before DC&F was able to resume progressive works.